Christmas Music? I Think Yes

 Hello Minasan!


I finally started my classes this week after a lot of miscommunication, but it's all good! Non-member friends, if you're a little confused about what I'm doing, check out this link! https://www.comeuntochrist.org/belong/meet-missionaries

When I first met my roommates, I asked them who was an anime fan. Turns out it was me. I was the imposter the whole time. I'm still a little cool though. I think. We started learning Japanese and I'm better at it than I originally thought, so it's been hard to stay focused when we go over the basic basics in class. I started spraying my plants with water when I get bored and I think I'm drowning them. Does anybody know cpr but for plants?

I have now discovered that I love vitamin water. It's an ongoing struggle to search for vitamin water and then find that my brother drank them all. Everyone has different trials. 

One of my companions has two new kittens and we got to see them on her zoom screen because they were jumping on her curtains. One of them started barfing during our companion study and it was really funny cause you couldn't see it, but you could hear it. 

Also, I started listening to Christmas music. There's something about O Holy Night that makes my soul feel warm and cozy.

During my personal study, I finished the book of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon, and there's a lot of really cool insights and words of scripture that help me feel grounded during these wild times and help me feel confident as a missionary. My favorite verse of the week is Mosiah 28:3:

Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.

I really love you guys so much, and God is with you always!

どうぞお元気で
Brooklyn Johnson Shimai


Comments